as declared in | Getty Trump White House abruptly halts Obamacare adsThe Trump administration has pulled the plug on all Obamacare outreach and advertising in the crucial final days of the 2017 enrollment season, according to sources at Health and Human Services and on Capitol Hill.
Individuals may still sign up for Obamacare plans until the Jan. 31 deadline — but the Trump administration isn’t advertising that fact any longer.
“You can’t take comments by the Trump administration about trying to help people gain coverage seriously,” Pollack said.
The decision to scrap Obamacare outreach and advertising came directly from the White House, according to sources.
Story Continued BelowThe decision sends the clearest signal yet that President Donald Trump is determined to fulfill his campaign pledge to repeal Obamacare.
as mentioned in “The problem here is this is literally yanking, like a minute before midnight,” messages that could bolster sign-ups and improve that risk pool, Counihan said.
“It feels to me that what they’re doing is reacting to the fact that there is growth in enrollment,” Counihan said of the Trump administration.
But he added that Obamacare advocates, including navigators who help people enroll in individual health plans, are “doubling down on outreach” because of the White House’s decision.
President Donald Trump is a staunch Obamacare foe, calling the program a “disaster” in a speech in Philadelphia on Thursday.
“To be frank, I think it’s fairly transparent,” Counihan said when asked why the White House pulled the plug on that outreach.
as mentioned in “And It clearly shows that they now own the consequences of their efforts to undermine the health care system.”
“This proves that this administration doesn’t care about people who need health coverage,” Dach said.
That outreach includes emails that HealthCare.gov had been sending out to people who began, but did not complete, the enrollment process.
Kevin Counihan, who until last week was CEO of that marketplace, HealthCare.gov, in a statement to CNBC called the move an “outrageous decision” to “sabotage open enrollment” in Obamacare.
His comments were echoed by Leslie Dach, a former top Obama administration health official who is now director of the Protect Our Care Coalition.
about the details read more from here
This content may collect you by Eliana Eli