Why you really shouldn’t go swimming with a new tattoo. BMJ Case Reports 2 The man’s tattoo on his leg became infected and turned purpleHe was warned to wait two weeks to allow the wounds to heal before going for a dip.
But the man ignored the advice and went for a swim in the Gulf of Mexico after just five days.
Sepsis can also be caused by viral or fungal infections, although bacterial infections are by far the most common cause.
Soon after, he developed fever, chills and a rash around the tattoo, according to a report in the British Medical Journal (BMJ).
His body went into septic shock, with the infection triggering an immune response which attacked his own organs.
as informed in
Man dies after ignoring advice to wait two weeks before swimming with new tattoo
(Photo: BMJ Case Reports)(Photo: BMJ Case Reports)His fresh wound became infected with flesh-eating bacteria and he developed a fever and serious rash surrounding his tattoo, the Daily Mail reports.
He then remained stable for a couple of weeks before suffering septic shock, and his kidneys failed completely.
Could not subscribe, try again later Invalid EmailA man died after ignoring advice given to people with new tattoos to wait two weeks before going swimming.
(Photo: BMJ Case Reports)The BMJ report which documented the tragic case said: “Despite aggressive initial treatment, the patient developed septic shock and died.
What is septic shock?
This content may collect you by Lily Jack