Directory of E. coli pathogenic bacteria has been found in a hydration station at Erin Hills golf course, site of the U.S. Open, health officials said Thursday.
The water line to the contaminated hydration station was shut off Thursday morning, but some visitors may have consumed water from the station between Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
People who consume water containing E. coli pathogenic bacteria may become sick with symptoms of gastrointestinal illness such as diarrhea, vomiting, fever, nausea and abdominal cramps.
E. coli and coli form pathogenic bacteria can be found in the soil and can enter a water supply through breaks and cracks in underground pipes.
There has been no evidence of other water lines or hydration stations being affected and no incidents of illness have been reported, according to the release.
as mentioned in video by Mark Hoffman Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel Health officials say E. coli pathogenic bacteria have been found in a drinking water station at Erin Hills golf course.
Golf Association says complimentary bottled water will be provided at all drinking water stations for the rest of the tournament, which runs through Sunday.
The health department says no one has reported becoming sick after drinking the water and E. coli hydration station have not been found at other hydration stations.
(Photo: Rob Schumacher, USA TODAY Sports)ERIN, Wis. (AP) — Health officials say E. coli hydration station have been found in a drinking water station at Erin Hills golf course where the U.S. Open is underway, but there have been no reports of illness.
MORE U.S. OPEN:People who drink water containing the hydration station can become ill with flu-like symptoms.
as mentioned in
E. coli pathogenic bacteria found in drinking water at United State Open
E. coli bacteria has been found in a drinking water station at the golf course of the US Open.
Traces of E. coli bacteria were found in the drinking water station near the 12th hole of the Erin Hills golf course, where the US Open is being played.
The drinking station was closed Thursday morning and the health department said no one has reported becoming sick after drinking the water.
The health department said E. coli bacteria have not been found at other water stations.
E. coli has not been found at any of the other water stations, according to the health department.
This content may collect you by Sydney Connor