The thyroid gland is located under the skin at the front of the neck and is not felt. Thyroid function is a group of hormones that control the metabolic processes that occur in the human body. That is, it is responsible for producing the energy needed for the cells of the body, which enables it to use that energy to carry out its normal functions. Thyroid dysfunction affects the health of the body in general and makes it easy prey to many diseases.
Symptoms of Thyroid dysfunction
- Hair loss is caused by the increase or decrease in thyroid hormone. wherefore there is a possibility of getting rid of this problem after receiving treatment for the disorder.
- The emergence of different changes in the status and psychological activity rate. In this case the lack of thyroid secretions is the cause
To inactivity and laziness in addition to feeling depressed. SO in a situation where the thyroid secretion increases, the person becomes hyperactive and hyperactive. Then it is accompanied by a feeling of anxiety, tension and nervousness.
- Feeling hot or cold as hypothyroidism is responsible for the body’s inability to regulate its temperature. If there is an increase in the secretion of the hormone. Then the body sweats and does not tolerate the temperature. In case of decreased secretion, the body tends to feel cold even in the hottest times.
- A change in heart rate. As increased thyroid secretion leads to a faster rate of heart rate than normal rate, which raises blood pressure and a significant increase in the sound of heartbeat. Whether thyroid secretion is lacking, the heart rate will fall below normal
- The appearance of swelling in the thyroid gland in the neck where this symptom is one of the most prominent symptoms that indicate a defect in the thyroid for clarity and visibility.
- Weight is increased and decreased, with thyroid hormone imbalance. whether the amount of excretion increases, this leads to a significant decrease in weight. Conversely, if the amount of secretion is reduced, the body weight increases significantly and this is the most common problem.
Symptoms of high thyroid hormone
- Irregular menstruation.
- Feeling shaky in the hands.
- Weak body muscles.
- Eye injury with several problems
Symptoms of Thyroid dysfunction
- The menstrual blood flow profusely.
- The nails are broken.
- In this case the skin becomes dehydrated
What are the causes of hypothyroidism
Causes of hypothyroidism
Many people suffer from hypothyroidism, and the main and most common cause of the disease is iodine deficiency. Along with other causes such as hypothyroidism. And pituitary hormones many may experience hypothyroidism due to inflammation of the thyroid gland. Or after surgery which can cause hypothyroidism.
Causes of high thyroid hormone
Some people suffer from high thyroid hormone which are produced for several reasons:
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland, such as inflammation of the thyroid gland. So infections that occur by immune cells cause an increase in thyroid secretions. Which may develop in its condition and cause a decrease in secretions of the thyroid gland.
- Excessive intake of drugs containing thyroid hormones.
- Many women develop high thyroid hormone after giving birth.
- Graves disease.
- Thyroid tumors.
Treatment of thyroid dysfunction
- If the hypothyroidism is deficient, the treatment is to restore hypothyroidism. Treatment is taken by taking pills containing thyroid hormones. Which improves the patient’s health and the disappearance of symptoms with a final and the need to continue to receive this treatment, which may last for life.
- In the case of high thyroid hormone, treatment should remove excess thyroid hormones. So it is important to take drugs that reduce the proportion of excess thyroid hormones in the human body. Or by removing the thyroid by surgical intervention. Or radioiodine therapy, and the last option that can be followed is surgery if other treatments fail.