Why we tell you to Do not eat chocolate again? Although chocolate is one of the most desirable and desirable foods or sweets, and is the favorite of many. Most of us can not resist its taste. But anything that exceeds the limit must be harmful so we will show you the damage of chocolate.
Do not Eat Chocolate again
- Chocolate contains a large amount of sugar, which increases the calories.
- Cause tooth decay.
- Some research suggests that chocolate may reduce bone density and strength. Then increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Some suffer from constipation after eating chocolate. Although no studies confirm this. But it is known that chocolate contains caffeine. Which can reduce the amount of water in the intestines which causes constipation.
- Eating chocolate increases symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux. Because chocolate contains acidic cocoa powder. Which relaxes the sphincter that separates the stomach and the esophagus. Leading to acid reaching the esophagus. And the feeling of burning, and the chocolate contains the substances of caffeine, and theobromine. Which may worsen the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux.
- Chocolates contain caffeine that may cause addiction. Therefore, sudden cessation of caffeine intake may lead to some symptoms, such as: headache, irritability, nervousness, anxiety, dizziness.
- Chocolate may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with drugs such as aspirin. And anticoagulants, such as warfarin.
- Eating chocolate may cause acne, and increases the symptoms of skin allergies.
- Cause bloating, colic in infants.
- May increase irritable bowel syndrome, irritability, nervousness, kidney damage.
- Increases sleep-related problems.
- May cause migraines.
- Eating large amounts of chocolate during pregnancy and breastfeeding may increase the risk of premature birth. Low birth weight, and miscarriage. Chocolate also contains compounds that can cause congenital malformations of the fetus.
- Chocolate contains a large amount of sugar necessary for the growth and reproduction of herpes virus. People with this virus should avoid chocolate.
- Chocolate contains a high percentage of oxalate. Then increases the amount of uric acid in the urine. Which increases the likelihood of kidney stones formation.
Allergy against chocolate
Some people suffer from the sensitivity of chocolate, or one of its components, such as cocoa, milk, or nuts. So when eating chocolate, the immune system responds by releasing chemicals such as histamine into the bloodstream. These substances affect some parts of the body such as: eyes, lungs, throat, digestive system, nose, and skin. The doctor may recommend that you refrain from eating or reducing chocolate, depending on the severity of the condition. In case of severe allergies, doctors advise the patient to carry the injector, which provides a dose of adrenaline to stop the allergic reaction. Symptoms of chocolate allergy include:
- Shortness of breath, wheezing.
- Swelling in the lips, tongue, or throat.
- Diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Stomach cramps.
- Hives (urticaria).
- Abdominal swelling and pain.