Alcohol addiction is a disease that affects all aspects of life, and scientists have not found a clear reason for it. There are many reasons, including genetics, gender, lifestyle, community habits or the person’s behavior.
Symptoms of alcohol addiction
hence,It is difficult to diagnose Alcohol addiction because alcohol is prevalent in some societies and cultures. There is associated with events and celebrations in these societies. It is available and easily accessible and is not prohibited as narcotics. Drinking alcohol is also a part of their lives, so it is difficult to distinguish between an addicted person and a person who is moderately consumed. For example:
- Familiarity with the effects of alcohol and not being affected by simple amounts.
- Drink alcohol at inappropriate times such as early morning or inappropriate places such as workplace.
- The desire to have alcohol always and try to get it in any way.
- The loss of many friends and the destruction of family and social relations.
in addition to,
- Isolation and distancing from confidants then Try to hide or hide alcohol while eating.
- Relying on alcohol daily and being unable to do without or doing any other activities before eating it.
- Suffering from mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression.
- Legal or professional problems such as exposure to arrest or loss of employment.
in addition to,You should always take the symptoms into consideration since the beginning of the disease so as not to reach the late stage, and even diagnose and treat, and if you are facing this problem with someone close to you must support him and try to help him without feeling ashamed of him or increase his sense of guilt because this May lead to increase disease.
Complications of alcohol addiction
Alcohol addiction has a negative effect on all members of the body, and may eventually lead to death, and there are many diseases that cause such as:
- Fetal abnormalities.
- Weak vision.
- Weakness of immunity.
as a result in,The alcohol addict does not only hurt himself but also causes harm to many around him. A study in the United States indicates that driving after drinking kills 28 people every day and increases the number of deaths and suicide.
Ways to treat alcohol addiction
Treatment of addiction is not easy, but it is complex and has a lot of challenge, and at first the addict must feel the desire to treatment because the success of treatment depends on the will of the addict.
in addition to, This is the primary and traditional treatment for the treatment of alcohol addiction. Rehabilitation programs implemented at home or in the mental health clinic. These programs take place from one month to one year, and help to treat the symptoms of withdrawal and psychological problems. Support the patient daily and is at home.
finally,There are groups dedicate to supporting alcoholics through therapeutic programs, which are important after the recovery process to help the patient to recover fully. Many people treated to help others cope with daily challenges and share their experience in treatment. If he feels a setback.