What are the Depression Types? Depression Types It’s natural to feel sad, or despair sometimes. But if this situation most of the time affect your daily life, then you may be suffering from some kind of depression. know the Depression Types in this article.
The Depression Types
1- Major Depression
In addition is diagnosed that if one suffers from five. Or more of the symptoms most of the days for two weeks
- Losing fun stuff.
- Loss, or increase in weight.
- Trouble sleeping and fatigue throughout the day.
- Feeling guilty.
- Difficulty in concentrating, making decisions.
- Thinking about suicide, and the turnout.
2- Persistent Depressive Disorder.
Is depression that lasts for more than two years with the patient, and the patient suffers also from
- Increase or decrease in appetite.
- Lack of, or increasing sleep.
- Fatigue and loss of energy.
- The perpetual feeling of the interruption of hope.
- Problems with focus, decision-making.
And also called depressive symptoms range from patient here, between overwhelming madness, and increase energy sometimes, between depression and sadness, and at other times, energy loss and mood stabilizers, doctor usually uses such as lithium in the treatment of this kind, not antidepressants.
4- Psychotic depression
- A patient suffers from major depression symptoms in addition to symptoms of psychosis like
- Hallucinations, whether audio, visual, or other.
- The illusion.
- Doubt about him believing they’re trying to hurt him.
5- Seasonal Affective Disorder
A patient suffers this kind of severe depression symptoms in the winter months only, for the short duration of the day, and the lack of radiation exposure the sun, and this kind can be treated with antidepressants, or by optical therapy for at least a quarter of an hour.
6- Postpartum depression (PPD)
It is a kind of depression experienced by women in the weeks, or months after childbirth.
Moms Talk About Their Postpartum Depression
7- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
This type of women suffer symptoms of depression at the beginning of the period, and may also suffer from the following
- Fatigue and laziness.
- Appetite disorders, and sleep.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Mood disorders.
8- Situational Depression
It may not be a medical expression, but depression is often accompanied by difficult life situations such as divorce, abandonment of work, or death, so it may also be called “Depression reaction”
9- Atypical Depression
This different kind of depression, in the capacity of positive events to improve the patient’s psyche, and may include the following symptoms this type also
- Increased appetite and sleep.
- Feeling of heaviness in the arms, and legs.
- Increased sensitivity towards the veto.
finally Depression is a disease you can cure it by
- Talk with a psychiatrist
- Other ways depend on lifestyle changes