This disease is known as triglyceride, because it affects the hands, feet and mouth, causing small blisters for 10 days, leaving small scars, which usually affects children more than adults. Coxsackie virus is a member of the family of bicoranoid viruses or intestinal viruses, which contain one strip of RNA.
Symptoms of the Coxsackie virus:
Symptoms of the Coccakie virus after the incubation period are: (1 to 2 days): sore throat and fever. Feeling tired and tired. Poor appetite. Small ulcers on the soles of the foot, hand and mouth cause itching, can also infect buttocks and genital organs.
The reasons of the Coxsackie virus
Canxaki virus can be separated into two main groups:
1- Group A: which causes muscle paralysis and death, Herpangina also causes severe swelling in the mouth, hand and foot.
2 – Group B: which destroys organs but is less severe than A, Epidemic Pleurodynia also causes fever, abdominal, lung and headache for 12 days.
- There are 24 different types of virus, but all agree to have proteins on the cell surface.
- Both types of viruses (A and B) can cause meningitis, myocarditis, pericarditis, diabetes.
– Direct contact with a patient of the triglycerides through saliva, faeces or liquid resulting from pimples: by:
- Using the tools of the patient.
- Lack of interest in personal hygiene.
- Eat contaminated food and contaminated syrup.
- The disease can also spread from the pregnant mother to the fetus, leading to serious complications.
Complications of the risk of this virus
- Meningitis .
- Tumor of the thyroid membrane in the heart.
- Brain inflammation .
Diagnosis of the Coxsackie virus
This is done through:
- Clinical diagnosis of the patient. Examine the RNA virus by PCR. To differentiate between coccus virus and other intestinal viruses (RT-PCR).
Proper treatment of the virus
There is no specific treatment for this disease but can be used:
- Acetaminophen to reduce symptoms. Mouthwash to reduce ulcers.
- Cold milk to reduce ulcers.
- Avoid acidic juices because they cause irritation of pimples.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Diphenhydramine topically on hand, foot and mouth.
Prevention methods to avoid Coxsackie virus
- Personal hygiene.
- Wash hands before and after eating and after changing diapers.
- Avoid direct contact with the patient and not use his tools.
The Municipality of Bashamoun said in a statement that it may reach a stage where it can not cope with the outbreak of the Coxsacki virus due to the accumulation of waste in front of school entrances and the complaints of several citizens about the injury of their children to an unusual skin disease.